My experience blogging has been okay. I never expected much out of it, and I never put too much effort into it. When given this assignment, I complained about it for a while because I hate blogs. I don't know why, I never really read them, I never really had any desire to have one. The most exciting thing about blogging was getting it done. My only "post" I got a significant amount of response to was about tattoos, and I think most of the class thought those tattoos I first posted were mine, but they weren't. I have read one blog more than twice and it was a friend of a friend of a friend who wrote it about ridiculous things... and she was payed to write it.
Although I'm not a big fan of blogging, as I have expressed, I would prefer to have made a website. I made a website once in 6th grade that was called school sucks and the private school I was attending found out it was me somehow and gave me detention for what seemed like a lifetime. My parents wouldn't let me use the computer for 2 months and I hated life without my AIM when I was 12. Fortunately, I found an alternative to internet, which I can't say here. It made me just as entertained while just lying in the grass. I guess you could say that all the above trouble allowed me to meet my "medicinal" friend. We have been friends on and off now for 8 years.
28.4.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Something similar happened to me in middle school. Are you still friends with your "medicinal friend"? lol
ha ha ha that made my day.
you speak very wise my friend. it sounds like you have god reason to not like blogs, but have your views changed on the subject after this?
Honestly I've never liked blogs either. I've subscribed to blogs authored by personal friends just to keep up with their lives, but other than that my attitude has always been "who cares about what some crackpot says about the subject?!" I have also never been inspired to write a blog, mainly because I'd be just another crackpot, and I'm not one to share a lot of life details. My whole world can be turned upside down but if someone asks what's going on in my life the likely answer is "same old shit."
I also used to have several close friends like that,but they left me one by one saying things like "you've really changed," "I don't like what you've become," and "We never hang out anymore." Only one has stuck with me, but we just hang out casually now. Personally I think he just uses me to meet people...
Post a Comment