7.4.08

Anthony Goicolea: The Photoshop Master.

The first time I saw Goicolea's photography, film and paintings the the ASU Nelson Fine Art Museum, I was stunned. It was amazing. The films were short and strange. His paintings were naive, but beautiful. His photographs were interesting, cruel, strange, and eerie.

Goicolea is a self proclaimed narcissist who takes pictures of himself and compiles them in Adobe photoshop to create a photo with 5-40 images of him in a single scene. It is hard to explain so here is one of my favorites of his photos.

Tree DwellersBoys Room

Boys Room is a portrayal of a boys restroom before a school prom and shows two boys in a stall pinning flowers on each other, both of which are Anthony.

His most recent work has been somewhat environmental in his own way showing pollution, floods, and technology destroying cities and country sides. His other recent work takes place in a different time period and shows torture and pain (not my favorite of his work).Sky Lift

here is a link to his website http://www.anthonygoicolea.com/

2 comments:

Tooolefua said...

Those are some nice pictures.

pjh said...

I like the tree dwellers. I bet the plumbing was a bitch. The environmental one is actually quite appealing using the contrast of industrialism with nature.